Terms & Conditions
Welcome to You Are The Ref Academy. We are a subscription service that provides our members with access to referee-specific education in the form of interactive e-learning widgets, downloadable video content, documents and presentations, pre-recorded webinars, technical blog advice, occasional direct contact with our coaching team, discounted product, event invitations and member benefits.
- Membership. Your YATR Academy membership will continue month-to-month until terminated. We have an immediate cancellation policy. If you cancel your membership at any time, the last subscription payment you were charged will be your last (see “Cancellation” below) following the termination of your subscription, during which you will no longer have access to any Academy content. To use the YATR Academy service you must have Internet access and a YATR Academy ready device, and must sign up via the prompted by Paypal or STRIPE payment gateways, using current and valid payment details (“Payment Method”). STRIPE is a World Pay system similar to PayPal, designed for small businesses to accept and manage online payments, for more information go to www.stripe.com. You can find specific details regarding your membership with YATR Academy by visiting our website and clicking on the “My Account” link available at the top of the pages of the YATR Academy website.
- Free Trials
- 2.1. Your YATR Academy membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership lasts for one month, or as otherwise specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members and certain former members to try the service. You will be notified during sign-up whether you are eligible for a free trial.
- 2.2. We will bill your Payment Method for your monthly membership fee at the end of the free trial period unless you cancel your membership prior to the end of the free trial period. To view the monthly membership price and end date of your free trial period, visit our website and click on the “My Account” drop down within the top navigation and then ‘My Membership’. You may receive a notice from us that your paid membership has begun, terms still apply regardless of receipt.
- 3.1. Billing Cycle. The membership fee for our service will be billed on a monthly basis to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paid membership. In some cases the timing of your billing may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paying membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Visit our website and click on the “My Account” “Your Membership” page to see your next payment date.
- 3.2. Payment Methods.If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not update your Payment Method, funds or cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. You authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. The issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. If living outside UK, the monthly flat fee will be converted to your local currency (EUR, USD, CHY) through your issuer using their current exchange rates. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- 3.3. Cancellation. You can cancel your YATR Academy membership at any time, and access to the YATR Academy service will cease as of your cancellation date. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unused products and services. To cancel, go to the “My Account” page and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, including during your free trial, your account will automatically close.
- 3.4. Changes to the Price and Service Plans. We may change our service plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following email notice to you.
- YATR Academy Service
- 4.1. The YATR Academy service and any content viewed or downloaded through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your YATR Academy membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the YATR Academy service and its content.Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
- 4.2. You may only access your account on one device at any one time.
- 4.3. We continually update the YATR Academy service, including the content library. In addition, we may test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features. At times, you may be able to opt-in and opt-out of these optional teststhrough “Your Account” page to change the “Test participation” settings.
- 4.5. The quality of the display of the educational content may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. The minimum connection speed for SD quality is 0.5 Mbps; however, we recommend a faster connection for improved video quality. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching video or loading e-learning content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time and the content you have selected.
- 4.6. YATR Academy streaming software is developed by, or for, YATR Academy and is designed to enable streaming of content from YATR Academy through YATR Academy ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you will automatically receive updated versions of the YATR Academy and related third-party software. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the YATR Academy service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information.
- Passwords & Account Access
- 5.1. The member who created the YATR Academy account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) has access and control over the YATR Academy account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account, the Account Owner should not reveal their email address or password nor the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card) associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- 5.2. You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the YATR Academy website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, YATR Academy or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- Unsolicited Materials. YATR Academy does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for educational content, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to YATR Academy.
- Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.